Monday, September 4, 2017

Ironic

It does seem to me ironic that liberals who profess to bend over backwards to be sensitive to other cultures and their religions – Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, etc – can’t be anything but derisive about the beliefs of their own Christian countrymen.

It does seem to me ironic that liberals who profess to be against segregation of any kind are building segregated “safe spaces” on campuses.

It does seem to me ironic that liberals who in the 1960s and 1970s were proud and loud defenders (correctly) of free speech are now shouting down and driving off campus any speakers they don’t agree with.

It does seem to me ironic that liberals who profess to be against stereotyping and labeling are nevertheless quick to stereotype and label as racist, sexist, Islamophobia, “deplorable”, etc, anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

This isn’t the liberalism I believe in.